This post may contain affiliate links which give me a small commission at no extra cost to you, and helps keep this content free!
A few things you may not know about me are 1- If a recipe isn’t easy, I won’t make it. 2- I refuse to sacrifice taste just to hit my macros. 3- You won’t find me making weird recipes like protein pancakes, 1 carb waffles etc.. 4- I eat normal food that I can buy from the grocery store that is simple. (see 1 &2) 5- I am such a convenience person so I really won’t go out of my way to spend a lot of time on food.
My true hope and desire for this blog is to show you that you can be successful and lose weight while eating normal foods you can buy from the store. You don’t have to make nasty protein pancakes, protein bread or healthy mug cake that tastes like crap. If that was the case, I would’ve failed a long time ago. Like I said, I am a convenience person and I like my meals to be simple and quick and still taste delicious. I have tried all of the protein pancakes, bread and healthy mug cake etc… and they were all disgusting to me and I ended up just wasting a bunch of food and money. So anytime I post a recipe on here, it will fall within my 3 requirements…convenient, easy and delicious.
I have been craving French Toast lately and came up with this version that tastes exactly like normal French Toast. It is low calorie and completely satisfying! Each Serving has only 85 calories including syrup and whipped cream! You seriously can’t beat that! And even my kids like it!
- 66g-Egg Whites
- 1 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/4 TBSP Milk
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon
- 2 Slices of Sara Lee 45 Calorie Bread
- 2 TBSP Sugar Free Syrup
- 2 TBSP Light Whipped Cream
- Any toppings you want- Strawberries, Blueberries, Chocolate Chips etc.. (These calories are not accounted for in the calorie count so make sure to add these in separately)
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and begin heating.
- Mix together egg whites, milk, cinnamon and vanilla
- Set bread in egg mixture until it is covered then flip and do the same on the other side. Don’t let it soak too long.
- Place on skillet and let cook for a few minutes. Once I put it on the skillet, I like to sprinkle a little more cinnamon on top.
- Flip to other side and sprinkle with a little more cinnamon. Let cook until desired crispiness.
- Take off skillet and top with spray butter, whipped cream, syrup and toppings.
Don’t forget to add it all into My Fitness Pal! I like add in foods I eat often as a recipe, so that the next time I make it I don’t have to enter each ingredient separately again.
Nutrition facts for entire recipe (without toppings)
Let me know what you think in the comments section! 🙂