The new year is here! I just shared a post about how to set realistic new years resolutions and now I am going to share MY 2018 goals…you know, for accountability!
I have always been the type to make BIG GOALS for the new year! Some I stick with, most I don’t. However, my change to my health and body WAS a new year resolution that I have proudly stuck with for 2 years now! So yes, it is possible to make new years resolutions and stick with them.
Each year, our family chooses a focus word. Last year it was simplify and this year it is
The reason I chose follow through, is because we seem to have a hard time following through with certain aspects of our lives. I want my kids to learn the importance of following through and show them what it feels like to do so. For instance, last year we started training for a 5k. We were doing so good but as life goes, we got busy and never ran the race. The kids were thrilled but I was disappointed that we quit that easy and didn’t follow through. Another thing we struggle to follow through with is chore charts and no electronic time. So this year, follow through is a big goal and one I am determined to, well..follow through with 😉
So here are the goals I have set for myself this year, 2018. Some I am already rockin’ and kicking butt. Some I haven’t started yet, but these aren’t goals I have to have done today. They are yearly goals and I am ok if I don’t get started on some of them for a month or two. They are just things I want to accomplish this year 🙂
My 2018 Goals-
- 3K followers on Instagram and become a brand ambassador for IdealFit. (You have to have 3k followers to be considered and this is something I really want!) So while you’re at it, PLEASE go give me a follow on Instagram! I give some awesome tips and tricks over there and am starting to get more into Instagram stories too. I am really enjoying it!
- Post to Instagram 2x a day and do Instagram stories (me talking to the camera) everyday. I have been pretty good about this but some days get busy and pass me by. I am working on it though 🙂
- Blog 2x a week. This one is a work in progress!
- Write 6 Ebooks. I am almost done with my first one and it should be available on my site soon!!
- Finish a couple of blog courses that I have bought.
I also have an Etsy shop where I sell landscape photography.
- I want to get 7 sales a month then increase by 1 to 2 sales each month thereafter
- My kids also have Etsy shops. One sells slime and the other sells paintings. I have a goal to update their shops weekly with new listings.
- Be able to run 5k again
- Put on 5-8lbs of muscle
- Bench 135lbs
- Squat 225lbs
- Deadlift 225lbs
- Do 5 pullups in a row
- Organize my house top to bottom
- Finish our basement
- Only buy things I really love
- Budget, budget, budget!
So there you have it! Now I need to sit down and write out how I am going to execute these goals. I have quite a few and they are big ones in my eyes. I am determined to follow through and accomplish these goals!
Hold me accountable! And I would love it if you would drop in on the comment section and tell me what your goals and focus word for the year are!